Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Burlap wreath...

Okay, so this is one of my first DIY projects that I have attempted. I will admit that it took me a little longer to figure out how to even get started! For one, I couldn't figure out how to secure the beginning part of the burlap so I wound up using a twist tie and somehow made it work. I don't think you can even see it. This is the back of the wreath - it doesn't look bad, does it??
Once that was in place, I wound up going to YouTube to find a tutorial (I am SUCH a visual learner!! I do try and keep this in mind when I'm teaching for all the students that are similar to me!) and came across this video.  It was helpful so I could see exactly how to do it!  I will admit that it took me a few times of watching the 2 minute video before I could get the hang of it.  Once I got started though, it was pretty easy to keep up and going.  I got about 3/4 of it done, and then...I ran out of burlap!  As a teacher I should have known to buy more than I thought I needed in order to be over prepared if needed!  
Now that I took a picture of it, I notice that the end part needs to be fixed a little.  I guess I was trying to see if I could make the one roll of burlap last for the whole wreath :)  I also realize that the blue flower doesn't really go with the colors but I wanted to just test out a size for the decoration.  I'm hoping to hang this on the door that it is in my main hallway at home and then change out the decorations for the seasons.  Maybe I'll make one for my classroom door...hmmm...I'll post another picture of the finished product tomorrow!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so nice! I only wish I had the patience to try something like that myself!